Keep sending in your reenrollment information to secure your students spot for the 2023-2024 school year as spots are filling up QUICK. Please note; that any student planning on returning for the next school year will need an updated POR within the last 90 days. Even if you are not fully committed to returning, we highly recommend sending in a POR to verify your child for the next school year to keep their spot, as WTPA will be capped for all classrooms! Once those classes are caped, any more students, new or returning, will be put on WTPA’s waiting list.
PORs can be any of the following:
• Utility Bill (electric, gas, water, sewer)
• Mortgage Statement
• Lease or Rental Agreement that specifies the start and end date of the agreement; must be dated and include names and signatures of the lessee and the lessor (typically this is the first and last pages of the agreement).
• Original Mortgage Statement
• Pay Stub
• Bank Statement
You can send a picture of the POR to any of your student’s teachers via email or class Dojo, or, to Ms. Madison in the main office through email or class dojo. (email@example.com)
Open enrollment is still active for the 2023-2024 school year at WTPA. Visit our website www.westerntoledoprep.org for more information!
Kindergarten and 8th Grade Graduation invites went home on4/24/2023, be on the lookout for more information in the weeks to follow as we get closer.
Students received information about WTPA’s Summer School Program for the 2022-2023 school year. They received a sign-up sheet with all the information included, as well as, the transportation paperwork for anyone needing bussing on the back of the sign-up sheet.
Be on the lookout for information regarding WTPA’s summer activities camps!
As we head into the second half of the school year we wanted to send a reminder of Ohio Truancy and HB410 Laws when it comes to student’s absences.
Excessive Absences ( Codes E, EP, U, UP)
- 38 hrs/6 days, Excused or Unexcused, within a month- long timeframe, periodically. This is per/each calendar month.
- 65 hrs/10 days, Excused or Unexcused, within a school year, periodically.
Habitual Truancy ( Codes U, UP)
- 30 hrs/5 days consecutive (straight) Unexcused.
- 42 hrs/ 7 days within a month – long timeframe Unexcused , periodically. This is per/each calendar month.
- 72 hrs/11 days within a school year Unexcused, periodically.
Important Dates To Remember …
Women’s History Month
- May 1st – May 5th: TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
- May 1st-May 10th: IREADY Diagnostic Testing
- May 2nd: SCIENCE STATE TEST PART 1
- May 3rd: SCIENCE STATE TEST PART 2
- May 4th: SUMMER SCHOOL TRANSPORTATION SLIPS DUE TO WTPA FRONT OFFICE
- May 5th: Cinco De Mayo
- May 18TH: KG GRADUATION @ 9:00 A.M (KG Last Day) 8TH GRADE GRADUATION 1:00 PM(8th Grade Last Day)
- May 23rd: WTPA FIELD DAY
- May 24th: LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR GRADES 1st-7th with DISMISSAL AT 12:30 P.M
- May 25th: Final Q4 Grades due
- May 26th: Final Report Cards Mailed Out